Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 4: Bring on the hills!

Last night was my turn on the floor, which really wasn't all that bad until I woke up this morning to dad walking back and forth in my "bed" trying to find his toiletries that he never successfully found. So I basically woke up being kicked in the ribs. We all groggily pulled on our spandex and then had our ceremonious doling out of the ibuprofen. This is how we start every morning.

Today was a shorter day, about 44.55 miles altogether which seemed really short compared to yesterday. But boy was it hilly. It seemed that the hills never quit today, so I'm glad that it was only 40 miles. There was also a pretty nasty headwind. Otherwise the day was prett insignificant. Nothing from the ride really sticks out in my mind.

We got to new Prague at 11:45 am and found out that there is no camp ground in the city. Grampy did some negotiating and our home for the night is a funeral home parking lot. When you need electricity you can't be picky about where you get it from. It is nice and quiet though. We all showered and then had dinner at one in the afternoon. It was great. Then we all took a nap and are ready for bed. Tomorrow we are riding our final 50 miles from new Prague to welch village which is near red wing. Layne and I haven't paper, rock, scissored to see who gets to sleep in the bed again tonight. I guess I will report back tomorrow on where I got to sleep.

I will try to blog when I get home tomorrow afternoon. Thanks so much everyone for reading, it means a lot to me that you have followed us on this trip. See you all soon! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment