Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 5: the end

Last night I got to sleep on the table bed again. Layne and I rock paper scissored and I won! It was nice to sleep on the bed again and get a somewhat decent nights sleep. It was sooo hard to get out of bed this morning. I even missed my daily dose of ibuprofen. Bummer. It was also very cold again this morning as we started out. We got on the road at 6:25 which was the earliest we had started. The road was pretty hilly to start, but as we got farther east it started to even out more. Traffic was super busy this morning too. It seemed a little bit dangerous. Especially because all of the cops in Dakota county decided to be super lazy today. Usually at busy intersections there would be a ms society volunteer and at the really busy ones there would be a police officer there to direct the traffic and let us know when we could cross. Today 4 out of 5 cops sat in their cars and didn't give us much direction at all. It made it all that much more dangerous. Apparently Dakota county didn't know we were coming until this morning. Likely story. The last 10 miles of the trip was on the cannon valley trail, which was so nice compared to the busy roads. We crossed the finish line around 10:30 am having completed 50 miles today. We must have been excited to be finished because we booked it today. It felt good to be done.

I returned home this afternoon to a different apartment. My poor husband had to move while I was gone. He had some great help, but he was a busy boy! I am happy to be home and I would like to give my heartfelt thanks to everyone that has supported me on this trip. Thank you for your monetary and moral support. Every dollar raised will go toward a great cause and every encouraging comment on here really kept me going. It really means a lot to me that you all read this. I will post pictures tomorrow once we get our Internet hooked up at the new place. So check back. And just as a final note - I registered for next year. I can't wait to do it all again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment